Showcasing my love for the lovely Cabernet Sauvignon this week. When it comes to Cabernet there are so many great options to chose from, and value is always the key to Cabernet for me.
In these "what I am drinking now series" my goal is to tell you some of my personal favorites from the affordable option to the bottles that could potentially cost you a pretty penny (but in my opinion are very worth it)! Follow along my What I am Drinking Now series and let me know how you like the bottles that I am loving at the moment!
**These are not in order of my favorite, I will put them in order of price.
1. McGrail Vineyards Cabernet Reserve $46: McGrail Vineyards was the very FIRST wine club I ever joined. And 4 years later I am still LOVING it! They are in Livermore, California and produce some amazing Cabernets that are a great price point! They have a few cabs to chose from that range from $45-$65. Personally, I think that some of these cabs definitely give some Napa cabs a run for their money. ;)
2. Titus Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon $57: I discovered Titus a couple years ago and fell in love with their wine. They are located in St. Helena (Napa County) and have a stunning property. But it was not the property that got me hooked on Titus, it was the wine! I was shocked that they had a big bold Napa cabernet for under $100!? Like what?! AND it's so good! Give it a try and let me know how you think it stacks up to some of the other Napa cabernets.
3. ARNYCA Cabernet Franc $85: This is one of my favorite Cabernet Francs in this world. This wine gives me all the happy feels and EVERY TIME I bring it out for guests they immediately fall in love with it. Words can't describe my love for this one. I almost didn't want to tell y'all about it because its low production and, well more for me. But I am in a good mood today so I will share this secret! ;)
4. O'Shaughnessy Howell Mountain Cabernet $100: Y'all have heard me talk about this wine over and over again. It is my true love when it comes to a Napa Cabernet. Howell Mountain is my all time FAVORITE mountain for cabernet grapes and this wine NEVER disappoints me. It's my bad day wine and my celebration wine.
5. Gargiulo Vineyards Money Road Ranch Cabernet $100+: We have been members here for a couple years now and this winery NEVER disappoints. Gargiulo is a lower production winery (for instance the Money Road Cabernet only has about 900 cases per year). So I recommend joining the wine club and then you are guaranteed the wine as they have recently been selling out of some varietals. Also, they have some killer Merlot as well that I LOVE!
Let me know what you think and I hope you are able to get your hands on at least one of these bottles!